Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Last Sunday, we went over to Ricky's parent's house to have a great dinner with most of his family. Kris and Joanna came up and joined us and we had some really yummy food. Then on Wednesday night, we went to my grandparent's house in Illinois. My grandma got to come home from the nursing home and spend the day with us. It was really nice spending time with family and remembering the old times of celebrating Thanksgiving. (There are a few more people since most of us are married and have children now!) Since Ricky had to work on Friday, the kids and I stayed with my mom and sister at my aunt's house and my dad and Ricky came home. My sister, cousin and I were those crazy shoppers who decided to hit all the stores when the opened. We started at midnight at Toys 'R Us. We got some good deals, but nothing worth the wait for me. It was just fun to see all the excitement from the other people and spend time with my little sis and cousin. We got done around 2:30 and tried to hit up Old Navy, but they didn't open until 5 since they were in the mall. We headed over to Kohl's next and went in at 4am. (I know, we are crazy!) I got some great deals at Kohl's since they did their Kohl's cash and I had an additional 15% off. Next, we headed over to Walmart, which was a joke. Not going there again. It was too chaotic and not worth it at all! Target was our next stop and landed us the best deals. We got a 32 in. Sony TV for $250! The adrenaline was running, so we headed over to the mall to Old Navy and Bath and Body Works. We got the great deals there too, and then went home. My sister and I were out from 11:30 pm to 10:30 am! Luckily my mom offered to watch the kids for us so we could be crazy! We came home and crashed for a while. We enjoyed the rest of the weekend by playing card games and relaxing with family. The kids did great and played well together. It was a little busy with 8 kids ages 1-7, but they were great! Thanks mom for letting me be crazy and enjoy Black Friday!

1 comment:

joanna said...

That's awesome about the TV! Joanna and I tried the Target down here but the only doorbuster TV they had was the cheap Westinghouse brand. Stupid ghetto Target..The only real deal I found was a 32" Samsung LCD at Wal-Mart, but it was CRAZY here too!

--Kris