Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jingle Bells

I had the dreaded glucose test today. Yipee! The orange drink is just disgusting. Glad it's over, just hope I don't fail the test and have to do the 3 hour test. Everything is going great with the pregnancy. The heartbeat was about 160, which has been normal for this little boy. Dylan got to feel him move this morning. It was really cute. The baby is very active in the morning, so it was neat to have him feel his baby brother already. I am 26 weeks along today. I can't believe that time has gone by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was 20 weeks. The doctor said that everything looks great, which is always a good thing to hear. I am very blessed to not have any complications with the pregnancy so far.

The kids are just getting over colds this week. They came down with the colds on Sunday, so Ricky stayed home to take care of them while I took care of the kids at church. They have been sleeping good at night, just really fussy and whiny during the day.

Dylan is so cute. We have been listening to Christmas music in the car and now Dylan sings along with them! He even asks for specific songs. We had playgroup here on Friday and we got out the bouncy house. He had a blast and wants to play in it all the time, now! It was definitely a great Christmas present (last year). He was invited to Monkey Joe's for a friends birthday this week. He had a blast and came home so excited! I didn't get to go with him, so it was a little different. My little boy is growing up! He started talking back to me recently. I'm really hoping it's a phase and he'll outgrow it soon. It can be very annoying. I guess he is just testing my parenting skills.

Lauren started physical therapy today. The therapist said that she is on her way, but we have her first set of homework to do until the beginning of January. Lauren was doing great today and wasn't even shy! I was a little surprised that she went strait to the therapist when she had never met her before!

I have been in the baking mood lately! I just love this time of year! I made Ricky's favorite, white chocolate covered pretzels with red and green sprinkles, white chocolate covered Oreos, 6 dozen cherry cookies (for a cookie exchange tomorrow), banana bread, and muffins. Lauren has been very picky about what she'll eat, so we have been making muffins and bread for her. I still have some more to make, but that's the start of it. Last night, we got most of the presents that we needed, so I think I'm almost done! Yeah! I have to wrap the ones from last night and then I'll be caught up. We also got an early needed Christmas present tonight. Ricky's dad helped Ricky install brakes in the van. They were very worn and he said they would have only lasted about a week or so more. Good thing we got this taken care of! On a side note, the outside Christmas lights will have to wait til next year. Ricky just doesn't have the time to get them hung on our house. We already decided that next year, they will be hung before Thanksgiving. I think that's all for tonight. I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays as much as we are!

No comments: