Thursday, December 10, 2009

Updates

Is it already December 10th? Where has the time gone? This month seems to be flying by! I guess that's how it goes in December when there are a ton of things to do! I got all 50 Christmas cards done and sent out! Yeah! We got our Christmas tree up with all of the ornaments! I love having a real Christmas tree! It smells so good! Dylan and I started baking cookies, yum! I need to start taking some pictures of all our adventures. I just realized that I don't have any from the past 2 weeks! Sorry!
.
It is freezing here! We got snow yesterday and then the temperature dropped to 12 degrees! The wind is what is so brutal! We have to bundle up really well to go anywhere. I guess it's nice to have an excuse to stay home and keep warm. (I'm more productive that way and I spend less money!)
.
We went to the store today and got some great deals! I got some hot cocoa for free, the blue-ray DVD of Santa Dogs for $4.99, and chocolate chips for 87 cents! Yeah! As an added bonus, Dylan was really good and Lauren didn't cry! Yeah! I love those trips to the store! It makes my day!
.
Lauren will be starting with a physical therapist within the next 30 days. FirstSteps came back and said that they recommend having her come once a week until she gets the hang of things. Lauren is getting more confident and taking more steps, but she will only do it with someone she trusts. She seems like she wants to walk, but doesn't want to put in the effort. Silly girl! I just hope she walks before the baby comes in March! Keep your fingers crossed for her!
.
Dylan is getting so big. It has been a lot of fun having a little helper around. He wants to help with everything (which can be frustrating)! It has been great this holiday season with making cookies and wrapping presents. I really like the interaction and giving him the one-on-one attention that he craves. He is also getting smart. He can spell his name and points out letters that are in his name. It's going to be different without school for 4 weeks!
.
I am doing great. The pregnancy is going well and no complications. I am getting a belly, but people still tell me that I'm small for 6 months. I honestly can't remember. I think I was bigger with Dylan, but he was also huge. I love listening to Christmas music. I find it so relaxing! I am working on some fun crafty projects for Christmas. Hopefully I can get them all done!
.
Ricky is keeping busy at work and school. He is almost done for the semester! Yeah! One down and only lots more to go! (That's how it goes when you are only taking one or two classes a semester!) He is the best dad and really helps out a lot. We really are lucky!

No comments: